Thursday, March 1, 2012

Striving for Greatness

I heard two extremely truthful and powerful sayings today, and could not resist sharing them.
"As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters." ~Seneca
"What we achieve inwardly, will change outer reality." ~Plutarch

 I was listening to the 2008 Graduation Address by J.K. Rowling given at Harvard which is hosted on TED Talk, and was struck with how down to earth and raw the address was. I have a tremendous respect for Mrs. Rowling, as a writer and as a human being of extreme compassion. It is wisdom like this that the world could do with more of, and it is a part of the foundation with which I build my life and strive to achieve greater things than even I dream possible.

If we do not strive to achieve greatness, and if we simply forget to continue dreaming, what do we have left but a mundane life? I challenge you to embrace creativity daily, in some capacity, and in so doing, achieve greater happiness. I surely have.

 ~Corlag the Bard

No comments:

Post a Comment